Friday, August 24, 2012

Blue cheese stuffed olives

A recent discovery of goat blue cheese at my local supermarket inspired me to stuff my own olives in preparation for an upcoming martini party. This was always one of my favorite martini garnishes back in the lush days when I could eat them, and now I can again!



To make:

I prefer medium to large sized green olives for stuffing; choose firm, fresh ones preferably from an olive bar, not a jar.  The blue cheese crumbles naturally, but if you let it sit at room temp until the chill goes out, it softens up nicely and will conform well for stuffing.  To stuff, just use a butter knife and shove those crumbs in! Make sure to put enough cheese in for a satiating olive pop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Additions, corrections and feedback welcome and appreciated!