Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sotto Mare - San Francisco, CA

Sotto Mare

North Beach

Eat at your own risk! You will never be satisfied with cioppino elsewhere EVER again after having it here. It's portioned perfectly for 2 to share as a meal, or for 4 to share with another dish. The perfect balance between seafood, sauce, herbs, and consistency rests on a bed of rigatoni, and you won't be able to put your spoon down until the last bit is swiped off with bread!

I also LOVE the welcoming service, and how nicely they are willing to accommodate my gluten and lactose dietary issues. They'll swap my pasta for a risotto specially made without dairy, and it's still so creamy and flavorful I always think it's too good to be true. But true it is! The first time I ate here, I nearly wept because I couldn't finish my plate, and wasn't able to take the leftovers. Every return visit since then, I go prepared with no post-dinner barhopping, just so I never have to abandon the goodness again.

This is a family-run operation that truly values serving good food. Beware the word is out! Go early, or go on a non Fri/Sat night, or else be prepared for a wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Additions, corrections and feedback welcome and appreciated!