Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chicken Rotini casserole

One of my best friends and former roommate for years used to make this deliciously cheesy, garlicky chicken casserole. I pretty much ate until the point of pain, it was so good, and then spend a day agony. Can't believe it took me this long to figure out a ting-friendly version!

This is made with lactose-free cheeses (swiss emmenthaler, goat cheddar, plain goat), and homemade lactose/gluten-free cream of chicken stock with corn starch as thickener and plain almond milk. All the effort to make the homemade stock was worth it:


sidenote: topped with French's French Fried Onions, so perhaps not entirely GF, although I firmly subscribe to the denial that anything deep fried more or less kills the gluten/lactose!

2 comments:

  1. Was this what you made for our potluck? If so, I'd like to enthusiastically add my stamp of approval, it was DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Although this was the second batch, oh yes, I made TWO casseroles that weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Additions, corrections and feedback welcome and appreciated!